Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Independence Day

This Independence day, I braved a multitude of bomb threats and ventured out. I even took my mom with me.
We paid a visit to the Big Bazaar in Gurgaon.
I drove. Oh yes I did. Drove around, that is.

No matter how much Gurgaon claims to be a city of the future or whatever, its road infrastructure is much worse than what I could come up with if I got 3 minutes, a malfunctioning drafter and lots of adulterated asphalt. 3 minutes, start to finish.
So the place does have some very 'lookable' buildings. But as soon as I chance d a glance at them, I missed one of the 3234324 crore potholes on the road. Missed looking at it, that is, not bouncing through it. That was probably the first time I was happy being not taller than I am, with the top of my head congratulating the rest of my body on its decision to not grow anymore. Vertically.
Anyway, after driving around for about 20 kms, looking for Ambiance mall, I finally managed to enter the entry gate.

Mr POOP: "Is this going to be a looong, bitchy post about something which no one else cares about?"
Me: "Mighty Gollops, Mr POOP! Why yes! it is!"

Lets skip the parking and find our hero(Me! Me!) in the mall, jumping on his toes, trying to locate someplace to release his great burden. Ah! a urinal! Ah! a urinal where everyone who dares can watch me pee. Ah! Ah! Ah!

Another fast forward through some shops and here it is... the objecte d' desiree (hey, atleast it looks like it could be a french phrase), Big Bazaar.
We start off slowly, picking up pace and more stuff as we watch other people rush past us with trolleys stuffed to the roof with things. I wonder where they stored all the goods before people came buy and picked it all up.
"Oh, look! Buy 2 get 1 free!"
"Free?!"
"YES! Free!!"
"But... err... do you want it?"
"Are you kidding?! Who wouldn't want a giant purple gorilla with ultra smooth skin. Smooooth."

Roughly 6 minutes later, I have a goods laden trolley to call my own. To hug and to hold. To push and to topple.
By now, even more people have decided to join in on the fun. In the 70s and the 80s, twins got lost at kumbh ka mela, now we have Big Bazaar on the day of an Independence day sale.

Hmm... I passed a girl tugging a cart fuller than mine. She looked at me and smiled. I managed to convert the look of surprise on my face into a passable smile. So what if she was only 8 or maybe 9 years old. We shared a look which said "hehe... I know this looks silly, and I'm supposed to hate shopping, but well... this is... not that hate-worthy."




Ok, I guess I'll complete this later.
Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. supermarkets are Fun. i love supermarkets

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I loooove people who comment on my blog.

    Isn't that crazy? and er, shiny?

    ReplyDelete

Comment form message:
I want your comment. I need it and I crave it.